Multiple benefits are expected as a result of the programme “New Channels for Integration” of TCNs in the local community. As a whole, these benefits create more favourable conditions for the smooth integration of TCNs in the local and wider Cypriot society.
Major benefits include:
- Strengthening of the confidence of TCNs in institutions of Cyprus and the EU
- Enhancing the understanding and acceptance of diversity and the coexistence of TCNs and Cypriot citizens across different wards of social life
- Improving the quality of life of a significant number of TCNs through support services and opportunities for participation in programme actions
- Equipping TCNs with information and knowledge relating to their effective integration in the local community
- Developing the capacity of involving TCNs associations in designing integration programmes and activities that respond to their needs
- Upgrading the approaches of Local Authorities and other agencies to the social integration of TCNs
- Consolidating the effective role of Local Authorities in the delivery of integration policies and services
- Strengthening the networks of cooperation between Local Authorities, NGOs and other public sector agencies in meeting the challenges of TCNs’ integration
- Enabling networking between TCNs associations and NGOs for collaboration, exchange of information and discussion of good practices.
Expected results in numbers:
- More than 1200 TCNs and 800 Cypriot and European citizens are expected to participate in networking and other activities of the Programme
- Participants are expected to act as catalysts and multipliers of the impact of the current program, leading to an increasing number of participants in future actions